Shopping for appliances especially washers and dryers there is a lot of information to go over to make the choice that is best for you. When deciding you have to go over brands, front-loaders, top-loaders, gas, electric, capacity and budget. Thinking about all of this is likely to make any ones head hurt especially if you don't know what they are and their pros and cons. Once you know what to look for and their benefits and drawback the choice become easier so your head does not explode.
When shopping it is best to know about the product you are shopping for. When it comes to washers you has three different types to choose from: top-load, front-load, and high efficiency.
• Top-load washes are cheaper then other types of washers but they consume more energy and water, are noisy, and have less capacity.
• Front-load washers get clothes cleaner, use less water, detergent, and energy, plus they are also quieter. The only draw back is that front-load washers are more expensive to buy but is an investment to help save you money in the long run.
• High-efficiency washers work better then a regular cycle washer because they are environmentally friendly, wont damage your clothes and are convenient to use.
Dryers are a little less complicated; all you have to know is whether you want a gas dryer or an electric dryer.
• Gas Dryers are energy efficient, drying time is faster but gas hookup is required.
• Electric Dryers initial cost is lower, compact models are exclusively electric, but requires a 240-volt hookup.
Its up to you if you want your washer and dryer to match or what your budget will allow, you
When it comes to top brands for your washer and dryer these are ahead of the rest:
Whirlpool Washer Whirlpool Dryer
Asko Washer Asko Dryer
GE Washer GE Dryer
Electrolux Washer Electrolux Dryer
Frigidaire Washer Frigidaire Dryer
LG Washer LG Dryer
Maytag Washer Maytag Dryer
Bosh Washer Bosh Dryer
Depending on whit kind of washer or dryer you want will help you determine which brand you get. You can find all these great energy star certified brand at sites like Sears, Abt Electronics, Number 1 Direct, AJ Madison and Home Everything as well as their main sites so you can buy the best washer and dryer that suits you.
No matter what your sopping for it is good to know about the different products and features so you are not over whelmed by information when you decide to buy. When shopping for a washer and dryer there are many different types to chose from and may different brands. Once you know about each type of washer and dryer and their pros and cons you can then make the right decision when you buy. Also knowing this information will just make the task of shopping for the right appliances easier for you the consumer.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lesley_Purtell